By Benedict Wee
The current Vados have decent enough specs to compete in the pocket camcorder market right now but Creative's newly announced 3rd generation model might prove to be one of the better portable video-recording gadgets this holiday season.
The Vado HD one ups its previous predecessor with the follow improvements:
- Better quality video in low light or brightly lit conditions
- Manual exposure adjustments
- External stereo microphone support for better audio recording
- Headphone output for private listening
- Motion Detection Mode - camera only records when motion is detected
- Out-of-the box Mac and PC compatibility
- Still Photo Capture Mode
The slight downside of the next-gen model is that its internal storage space has gone down to 4GB from its previous 8GB, but Creative was sensible enough to sell it at a lower price of US$180/NZ$248, which is a good deal.
The Vado HD will be in retail stores in the US come mid-December so here's hoping that it'll be available to us somewhere around the Christmas period.