By Benedict Wee
Now that summer season is upon us, we're all getting ready for our beach activities and for those who're planning on doing a bit of surfing (or any kind of water/beach activity really) should check out Gizmodo's review on the GoPro HD Camera.
Highlighted specs of the camera include:
- Full HD video recording - Shoot 1080p, 960p and 720p in 30 and 60 frames per second with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio.
- Automatic photo taking - A 5 MP camera takes photos at 2,5,10,30 and 60 second intervals.
- Audio - Built-in microphone with automatic gain control.
- Battery - Recharable 1100mAh lithium-ion battery lasts for 2.5 hours of constant recording. Recharged to 80% when plugged into a computer for 2 hours or 1 hour when plugged into a wall/car charger.
- Shock/Waterproof case - Polycarbonate and stainless steel housing and up to 180 feet/60m deep waterproof.
- SD card slot - up to 32GB capacity (SDHC).
- Cables and connections - USB 2.0, HDTV out to NTSC & PAL televisions, 2.5mm audio jack.
- 4 hours 21 minutes : 1080p (30 fps)
- 5 hours 26 minutes : 960p (30 fps)
- 4 hours 21 minutes : 720p (60 fps)
- 8 hours 09 minutes : 720p (30 fps)
- 8 hours 09 minutes :WVGA (60 fps)
The GoPro Hero retails for US$320/NZ$450 (shipping included) and is available from the 2nd week of November onwards. Gizmodo's full review can be found on the source link below.
Gizmodo - GoPro Hero HD Camera Review